They are really quite good; a pinch Ancestral with a dash of Situationist, and all highly memorable.
These are some of my favorites.
- You will be civilized the day you can spend time doing nothing, learning nothing, & improving nothing, without feeling slightest guilt.
- You have a real life if & only if you do not compete with anyone in any of your pursuits.
- You have a real life when most of what you fear has the titillating prospect of adventure.
- If you know, in the morning, what your day looks like with any precision, you are a little bit dead -the more precision, the more dead.
- Their sabbatical is to work six days and rest for one; my sabbatical is to work for (part of) a day and rest for six.
- You cannot express the holy in terms made for the profane; but you can discuss the profane in terms made for the holy
- Charm lies in the unsaid, the unwritten, and the undisplayed. It takes mastery to control silence.